I keep receiving ads from dregol.com on the top of all websites I visit and new tab I open. Those ads are really annoying especially when I watch videos. I’ve ran my Norton Antivirus, but it found no virus at all. Is dregol.com a virus? Why is it so annoying? I really need a way to fix it.
Screenshot of dregol.com:
Why Should You Remove dregol.com?
If your computer has been infected with this nasty dregol.com adware, you should know how nasty and irritating its pop-up ads are. As soon as this stubborn dregol.com adware is running in your system, it will immediately modify your browser settings and install many malicious add-ons. As a result, you will see many unwanted advertisements when you browse a web page, watch a video or play games.
But what you should worry about more is the potential risks and dangers associated with dregol.com adware. Those advertisements and sponsored links displayed by dregol.com may lead you to other websites that may spread other unwanted or malicious programs. Meanwhile, this nasty adware also collects your personal information in the background for commercial profits. So it should be removed out of your system as soon as possible.
Solution 1: How to Remove dregol.com Automatically
It needs certain computer expertise to find and identify the malicious files of dregol.com adware, as it created its registry keys and files in random names. Any wrong mistake during the manual removal could cause further harm and damage to your system. And if you cannot delete it completely, dregol.com adware can come back again.
Solution 2: How to Remove dregol.com Manually
Note: you should know that if you take any mistake actions, you may lose some important data, which leads to system malfunctions. Therefore, you should perform this carefully.
Step 1: Uninstall dregol.com from Your Computer
Usually, those unwanted pop-up advertisements are caused by adware programs that install onto your computer with other freeware. So the first thing to fix your problem is to uninstall dregol.com and other unwanted programs if any from your computer.
1. Simultaneously press Windows key and R to open Run command.
2. When Run command pops up, type appwiz.cpl and open Programs and Features
3. Uninstall dregol.com and other unwanted programs in the list.
Step 2: End all extensions or add-ons related to dregol.com
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons
2. Click Toolbars and Extensions and remove dregol.com
1. Click Firefox’s menu,select Add-ons option
2. Go to Extension panel, disable dregol.com
3. Go to Plugins, remove or disable all suspicious items including dregol.com
1. Please click the Chrome’ menu, click Settings option
2. Go to History panel an click Clear browsing data…
3. Go to Extensions panel, remove dregol.com
Step 3: End dregol.com’s Processes
1. Please tap Ctrl + Shift + Esc at the same time
2. Navigate to Processes tab>search for dregol.com’s processes and any suspicious processes and end them.
Step 4: Remove dregol.com from Registry
1. Tap Windows key and R, then type regedit and hit Enter
2. Now please search for dregol.com keys and remove all found items
Step 5: Show hidden files and folders to remove dregol.com’s files
1. Click Start Menu, and then click Control Panel
2. Click Appearance and Personalization
3. Click Folder Options
4. Locate to View tab to check ‘Show hidden files and folders’. And then uncheck ‘Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)’
5. Now, remove the following files:
C:Documents and Settings[user name]Local SettingsTemp