Search.protectedio.com installs into your system without permission? Receive pop-up advertisements very often? Looking for comprehensive removal guide for Search.protectedio.com ads now? You are welcome to read the helpful post as below to get a solution to fix all your problems easily.
Screenshot of Search.protectedio.com Pop-up:
Why Should You Remove Search.protectedio.com Pop-up?
If your computer has been infected with this nasty Search.protectedio.com adware, you should know how nasty and irritating its pop-up ads are. As soon as this stubborn Search.protectedio.com adware is running in your system, it will immediately modify your browser settings and install many malicious add-ons. As a result, you will see many unwanted advertisements when you browse a web page, watch a video or play games.
But what you should worry about more is the potential risks and dangers associated with Search.protectedio.com adware. Those advertisements and sponsored links displayed by Search.protectedio.com may lead you to other websites that may spread other unwanted or malicious programs. Meanwhile, this nasty adware also collects your personal information in the background for commercial profits. So it should be removed out of your system as soon as possible.
Solution 1: How to Remove Search.protectedio.com Pop-up Automatically
It needs certain computer expertise to find and identify the malicious files of Search.protectedio.com adware, as it created its registry keys and files in random names. Any wrong mistake during the manual removal could cause further harm and damage to your system. And if you cannot delete it completely, Search.protectedio.com adware can come back again.
Solution 2: How to Remove Search.protectedio.com Pop-up Manually
Note: you should know that if you take any mistake actions, you may lose some important data, which leads to system malfunctions. Therefore, you should perform this carefully.
Step 1: Uninstall Search.protectedio.com from Your Computer
Usually, those unwanted pop-up advertisements are caused by adware programs that install onto your computer with other freeware. So the first thing to fix your problem is to uninstall Search.protectedio.com and other unwanted programs if any from your computer.
1. Simultaneously press Windows key and R to open Run command.
2. When Run command pops up, type appwiz.cpl and open Programs and Features
3. Uninstall Search.protectedio.com and other unwanted programs in the list.
Step 2: End all extensions or add-ons related to Search.protectedio.com
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons
2. Click Toolbars and Extensions and remove Search.protectedio.com
1. Click Firefox’s menu,select Add-ons option
2. Go to Extension panel, disable Search.protectedio.com
3. Go to Plugins, remove or disable all suspicious items including Search.protectedio.com
1. Please click the Chrome’ menu, click Settings option
2. Go to History panel an click Clear browsing data…
3. Go to Extensions panel, remove Search.protectedio.com
Step 3: End Search.protectedio.com’s Processes
1. Please tap Ctrl + Shift + Esc at the same time
2. Navigate to Processes tab>search for Search.protectedio.com’s processes and any suspicious processes and end them.
Step 4: Remove Search.protectedio.com from Registry
1. Tap Windows key and R, then type regedit and hit Enter
2. Now please search for Search.protectedio.com keys and remove all found items
Step 5: Show hidden files and folders to remove Search.protectedio.com’s files
1. Click Start Menu, and then click Control Panel
2. Click Appearance and Personalization
3. Click Folder Options
4. Locate to View tab to check ‘Show hidden files and folders’. And then uncheck ‘Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)’
5. Now, remove the following files:
C:Documents and Settings[user name]Local SettingsTemp