DiscountMagnet installs into your system without permission? Receive pop-up advertisements very often? Looking for comprehensive removal guide for DiscountMagnet ads now? You are welcome to read the helpful post as below to get a solution to fix all your problems easily.
DiscountMagnet is labeled as an extremely annoying adware, which is used to perform malicious activities to increase web traffic. This kind of adware is quite well spread via malicious links or websites and some free downloads. You may be misled by it at first sight. However, in reality, it is nothing rather than an imitation. It always provides you with tons of various coupons or discounts no matter you want or not.
Once DiscountMagnet gets a chance to sneak into your computer, it will modify your browser settings and display many ads to promote its fake products. Then whenever you open your browser, lots of ads will pop up on your screen, which is very annoying. Moreover, when you use your search engine to search some information, you will get forcedly redirected to unwanted pages which contain many malicious malware.
What’s worse, DiscountMagnet can also help other viruses including Glomatron and Unfriend List to come into your system to do more harm to your computer. It is really a danger to your PC. However, DiscountMagnet is such a tricky virus that can escape from the detection of antivirus so you must remove it manually.
Screenshot of DiscountMagnet:
Why Should You Remove DiscountMagnet Pop-up?
If your computer has been infected with this nasty DiscountMagnet adware, you should know how nasty and irritating its pop-up ads are. As soon as this stubborn DiscountMagnet adware is running in your system, it will immediately modify your browser settings and install many malicious add-ons. As a result, you will see many unwanted advertisements when you browse a web page, watch a video or play games.
But what you should worry about more is the potential risks and dangers associated with DiscountMagnet adware. Those advertisements and sponsored links displayed by DiscountMagnet may lead you to other websites that may spread other unwanted or malicious programs. Meanwhile, this nasty adware also collects your personal information in the background for commercial profits. So it should be removed out of your system as soon as possible.
Solution 1: How to Remove DiscountMagnet Pop-up Automatically
It needs certain computer expertise to find and identify the malicious files of DiscountMagnet adware, as it created its registry keys and files in random names. Any wrong mistake during the manual removal could cause further harm and damage to your system. And if you cannot delete it completely, DiscountMagnet adware can come back again.
Solution 2: How to Remove DiscountMagnet Pop-up Manually
Note: you should know that if you take any mistake actions, you may lose some important data, which leads to system malfunctions. Therefore, you should perform this carefully.
Step 1: Uninstall DiscountMagnet from Your Computer
Usually, those unwanted pop-up advertisements are caused by adware programs that install onto your computer with other freeware. So the first thing to fix your problem is to uninstall DiscountMagnet and other unwanted programs if any from your computer.
1. Simultaneously press Windows key and R to open Run command.
2. When Run command pops up, type appwiz.cpl and open Programs and Features
3. Uninstall DiscountMagnet and other unwanted programs in the list.
Step 2: End all extensions or add-ons related to DiscountMagnet
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons
2. Click Toolbars and Extensions and remove DiscountMagnet
1. Click Firefox’s menu,select Add-ons option
2. Go to Extension panel, disable DiscountMagnet
3. Go to Plugins, remove or disable all suspicious items including DiscountMagnet
1. Please click the Chrome’ menu, click Settings option
2. Go to History panel an click Clear browsing data…
3. Go to Extensions panel, remove DiscountMagnet
Step 3: End DiscountMagnet’s Processes
1. Please tap Ctrl + Shift + Esc at the same time
2. Navigate to Processes tab>search for DiscountMagnet’s processes and any suspicious processes and end them.
Step 4: Remove DiscountMagnet from Registry
1. Tap Windows key and R, then type regedit and hit Enter
2. Now please search for DiscountMagnet keys and remove all found items
Step 5: Show hidden files and folders to remove DiscountMagnet’s files
1. Click Start Menu, and then click Control Panel
2. Click Appearance and Personalization
3. Click Folder Options
4. Locate to View tab to check ‘Show hidden files and folders’. And then uncheck ‘Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)’
5. Now, remove the following files:
C:Documents and Settings[user name]Local SettingsTemp