There are many pop-up ads powered by Mahjong World Contest showing up when you’re browsing websites? Your antivirus cannot help you find any suspicious malware in your system? If so, you’re at the right place to find out what Mahjong World Contest is and how to get rid of it completely.
Mahjong World Contest is categorized as a malicious adware program which causes great chaos and inconveniences on the affected system. Without asking for any permission, the adware gets installed after entering the system along with unverified free downloads or junk email attachments. After then, it adds many suspicious files to different folders. Mahjong World Contest can activate as long as the system boots up. Besides, you’ll find that the whole machine runs rather slowly. That is because the adware occupies a lot of system resources. Even, it stops you from accessing certain websites by shutting up the network connection.
Mahjong World Contest will drop new add-ins to Chrome, Firefox and IE silently and stealthily. After then, it generates numerous and various coupons, deals, savings, offers, discounts or sponsored links to interrupt your online activities. You’d better pay much attention and not click on those unknown links. Or the PC would catch additional malware or threats. Like Deals Cabin adware, Mahjong World Contest may even trace your browsing cookies and gather sensitive information. This is much risky. If you do not remove the adware in time, you could have to deal with identify theft. Therefore, please take effective guides to remove Mahjong World Contest ads once you find it.
Screenshot of Mahjong World Contest Pop-up:
Why Should You Remove Mahjong World Contest Pop-up?
If your computer has been infected with this nasty Mahjong World Contest adware, you should know how nasty and irritating its pop-up ads are. As soon as this stubborn Mahjong World Contest adware is running in your system, it will immediately modify your browser settings and install many malicious add-ons. As a result, you will see many unwanted advertisements when you browse a web page, watch a video or play games.
But what you should worry about more is the potential risks and dangers associated with Mahjong World Contest adware. Those advertisements and sponsored links displayed by Mahjong World Contest may lead you to other websites that may spread other unwanted or malicious programs. Meanwhile, this nasty adware also collects your personal information in the background for commercial profits. So it should be removed out of your system as soon as possible.
Solution 1: How to Remove Mahjong World Contest Pop-up Automatically
It needs certain computer expertise to find and identify the malicious files of Mahjong World Contest adware, as it created its registry keys and files in random names. Any wrong mistake during the manual removal could cause further harm and damage to your system. And if you cannot delete it completely, Mahjong World Contest adware can come back again.
Solution 2: How to Remove Mahjong World Contest Pop-up Manually
Note: you should know that if you take any mistake actions, you may lose some important data, which leads to system malfunctions. Therefore, you should perform this carefully.
Step 1: Uninstall Mahjong World Contest from Your Computer
Usually, those unwanted pop-up advertisements are caused by adware programs that install onto your computer with other freeware. So the first thing to fix your problem is to uninstall Mahjong World Contest and other unwanted programs if any from your computer.
1. Simultaneously press Windows key and R to open Run command.
2. When Run command pops up, type appwiz.cpl and open Programs and Features
3. Uninstall Mahjong World Contest and other unwanted programs in the list.
Step 2: End all extensions or add-ons related to Mahjong World Contest
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons
2. Click Toolbars and Extensions and remove Mahjong World Contest
1. Click Firefox’s menu,select Add-ons option
2. Go to Extension panel, disable Mahjong World Contest
3. Go to Plugins, remove or disable all suspicious items including Mahjong World Contest
1. Please click the Chrome’ menu, click Settings option
2. Go to History panel an click Clear browsing data…
3. Go to Extensions panel, remove Mahjong World Contest
Step 3: End Mahjong World Contest’s Processes
1. Please tap Ctrl + Shift + Esc at the same time
2. Navigate to Processes tab>search for Mahjong World Contest’s processes and any suspicious processes and end them.
Step 4: Remove Mahjong World Contest from Registry
1. Tap Windows key and R, then type regedit and hit Enter
2. Now please search for Mahjong World Contest keys and remove all found items
Step 5: Show hidden files and folders to remove Mahjong World Contest’s files
1. Click Start Menu, and then click Control Panel
2. Click Appearance and Personalization
3. Click Folder Options
4. Locate to View tab to check ‘Show hidden files and folders’. And then uncheck ‘Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)’
5. Now, remove the following files:
C:Documents and Settings[user name]Local SettingsTemp