Brief Instruction of Phrase Professor Virus
Have you ever seen the ads by Phrase Professor on your Chrome or Firefox? If you have, it means that your machine is under the attack by the Phrase Professor virus. Base on its evil conducts, we have put it in the category of adware family. As you know, adware is also called potentially unwanted program, which can produce many annoying ads on users’ browser and mislead users to click on the sponsored ads. Or, it can redirect users to some certain websites without users’ permission. With both methods, Phrase Professor can generate revenue for its creators. There are many other adware working as this Phrase Professor, which include BranderApp, RocketSale, PCandMobileGames and so on.
Now, you can see that the purpose of Phrase Professor is not pure at all. So, you should be careful once your machine is infected. As we have said, Phrase Professor will produce various ads by Phrase Professor. Therefore, every time you open your browser, there are always many ads on it. You may find that the ads can be varying from the logo like “ads by Phrase Professor” to “powered by Phrase Professor”. If you want to remove those nasty ads, the only way is to remove Phrase Professor program completely!
Phrase Professor Screenshot:
Solution 1: How to Remove Phrase Professor Pop-up Automatically
It needs certain computer expertise to find and identify the malicious files of Phrase Professor adware, as it created its registry keys and files in random names. Any wrong mistake during the manual removal could cause further harm and damage to your system. And if you cannot delete it completely, Phrase Professor adware can come back again.
Solution 2: How to Remove Pop-up Manually
Note: you should know that if you take any mistake actions, you may lose some important data, which leads to system malfunctions. Therefore, you should perform this carefully.
Step 1: How to Stop Phrase Professor Processes
1. Tap Ctrl+Alt+Del keys at the same time
2. In the Processes tab, find out the processes of Phrase Professor and click on End Process button to disable them completely
Step 2: How to Remove Phrase Professor Virus from the System
For Windows 8 Users
1. Go to the Windows 8 Start Screen and type uninstall a program. After that, click on the Settings category and select on it when it shows up.
2. Uninstall any suspicious programs which are related to Phrase Professor
For Windows 7 and Vista Users
1. Click Start and then click Control Panel
2. Click Uninstall a program under Programs
3. Select Phrase Professor or other suspicious programs, right click on it and then click Uninstall
Step 3: How to Remove Phrase Professor from Browsers
1. Click the Chrome menu icon which is on top right of the Chrome window, click Settings from the dropped menu
2. Then, click Show advanced settings… and scroll to the end and click Reset settings
3. Click on Reset button to re-configure your browser settings
1. Click Tools and then click Internet Options
2. Click Advanced tab and then click Reset button to reset your IE settings.
3. Make sure you tick Delete personal settings option.
1. Click Firefox menu, move to Help and click Troubleshooting Information in the menu.
2. Click Reset Firefox to reset your Firefox.
3. Click Reset Firefox
Step 4: Remove Phrase Professor from Registry
1. Tap Windows key and R, then type regedit and hit Enter
2. Now please search for Phrase Professor keys and remove all found items
Step 5: Show hidden files and folders to remove Phrase Professor’s files
1. Click Start Menu, and then click Control Panel
2. Click Appearance and Personalization
3. Click Folder Options
4. Locate to View tab to check ‘Show hidden files and folders’. And then uncheck ‘Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)’
5. Now, remove the following files:
C:Documents and Settings[user name]Local SettingsTemp